Fraser Morris Electric was started in 1931 by John A. Morris and Herb Fraser. John A. Morris bought out Fraser’s interest in the company and became the sole owner of Fraser Morris Electric, retaining the full name of the company since it was by then a well-established name in the industry. The company’s client base was primarily commercial property owners and tenants of the downtown Minneapolis area. The office was located at 312 Marquette Avenue.
In l960 John’s son James A. Morris joined the company as an electrician, and in l963 he completed the requirements for the Master’s Electrician License. The office was relocated twice to addresses on 2nd avenue before settling at the present office in the Crossings building at 250 2nd Ave.S.
John A. Morris then retired from the company, with James A. Morris as his successor as president. After graduating from college, both John D. Morris and Richard J. Morris joined the company, and in 1990 John left to pursue another venture in California.
James Morris retired in 1994, leaving Dick at the helm of the company. Dick is currently President and third generation owner of Fraser Morris Electric Co. Ryan Morris joined the company in 2013 and currently sits as Vice President.